Here, in no particular order, are ten books that broke my heart a little. I'll refrain from posting the reasons why these books broke my heart, because, in most cases, that would reveal too much: detailing those scenes and turns-of-events would spoil the books for those who haven't read them yet. I will, however, link to my reviews of the books in case you'd like to learn more.
1) Thief of Hearts by Christopher Golden
2) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
3) Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
4) The Broccoli Tapes by Jan Slepian
5) See You at Harry's by Jo Knowles
6) Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
7) The Alison Rules by Catherine Clark
8) Swollen by Melissa Lion
9) Stay with Me by Garret Freymann-Weyr
10) What Happens Here by Tara Altebrando
Which of these books have you read? What did you think? I'd love to discuss these books further, so please leave your comments!